19 Feb 2014
Whether it’s winter, summer or sometime in between, there is plenty to do outside in Telluride, and we’d love nothing more than to suggest some of the best activities out there to our loyal blog followers – that’s right, we’re talking to you!
Photo Courtesy of Helitrax
SO - here’s a list of some great winter outdoor activities… we’ll follow-up next time with a few for summer, too!
- Snowmobiling is an adventure that can be enjoyed all winter long by people of all ages! You can enjoy a half-day or full-day trip, and can customize it for beginners or advanced riders. Looking for a real treat? Book your trip for an excursion to Dunton Hot Springs and enjoy a gourmet lunch after a well-deserved soak.
- Nordic Skiing is a great workout and can provide hours of entertainment, allowing you to explore areas in and around Telluride that you’ve never experienced before. Rent your equipment and hit the trails in Telluride, Mountain Village and beyond!
- Snowshoeing can be a lot of fun, without a lot of work. Take a leisurely stroll through the quiet snow-covered fields of Telluride, observe wildlife and take in the beauty around you.
- Alpine Skiing is an obvious choice when you visit Conde Naste’s #1 ranked ski resort in North America. Rent some equipment, purchase those lift tickets, and hit the hill for a day of breathtaking downhill!
- Ice Skating can bring out the youthful exuberance in anyone, be it child, adult or senior. Visit the skating rinks in Telluride Town Park or in the Mountain Village.
- Heliskiing is regarded by avid skiers as one of the most amazing things a person can do! Find untracked terrain every time, and experience the San Juan Mountains like very few have.
For more information, on these and other activities, check out our trip planning page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800.970.7541 or 970.728.5262.