2 Sep 2014
Local’s and travelers alike love the Telluride Blues & Brews Festival and there is no shortage of reasons why: sunshine, the changing colors of the season, countless breweries, amazing music and most importantly – great people… what’s not to love! With all of the hoopla going on for three full days beginning Friday, September 12th through Sunday, September 14th (72 whole hours), we felt it our duty to reach out to our friends, clients and fellow festival-goers with our top ten tips for enjoying this fun-filled festival weekend (in no particular order):
- Drink plenty of water to prepare for the upcoming beer tasting at 8,750 feet in altitude!
- If possible, stay close, so you can break often during sets that may not be on the top of your list.
- Pack plenty of layers… you’ll have a wide variety of weather throughout the weekend, ranging from snow to sunshine!
- Arrive early on tasting day, so you can be sure to taste EVERY beer on your list (it doesn’t hurt to grab a bag of your favorite tasting snack too, so you can clear the palate in between brews).
- Practical footwear may not sound very fun, but your feet will thank you later – keep ‘em dry, cozy and protected!
- CASH is King! It doesn’t happen often, but the ATM machines in have been known to run out of cash from time to time because of the huge influx of people coming into town. You won’t need it often, but those festival food trucks don’t accept credit cards, and you don’t want to miss out on those world famous dumplings, do you?
- Don’t make the mistake of getting sunburned during Blues & Brews - pack plenty of Sunscreen and stay slathered. The sun is intense at our high elevation!
- Give your legs a break in between sets and bring your own festival chairs. Pack your own or purchase them at our local Ace Hardware, just one block from the park.
- Sunglasses are the one fashion accessory you won’t want to be caught without this weekend!
- The moment you arrive into town, pick up your wristbands early, so you’re not caught in line on the day of the shows. The tent is located at the west entrance of Town Park, near the Telluride Post Office.
For more great advice and insider tips, check out the Telluride Blues & Brews website.
Thank You for Reading & Enjoy the Festival,
The Team at Telluride Rentals