30 Apr 2015
Festivals Galore and Amazing Outdoor Activities Make Telluride Your Summer Vacation Destination
Thousands of Americans make a beeline straight to gorgeous Telluride, Colorado, each winter to enjoy the wonderful opportunities for skiing and other winter sporting activities. While there is no doubt that the skiing is divine, many people don't realize that Telluride is an amazing vacation destination for the summer months as well. Whether you are planning a family vacation or a romantic weekend getaway, you are sure to find an amazing array of excellent activities, attractions and events this summer in Telluride.
Exciting Summer Festivals Abound
- WOW Festival June 11-14: Celebrate health and fitness with a variety of wellness classes hosted by world-class athletes and instructors. Expect to learn about the latest in nutrition, medical trends and important health news.
- Bluegrass Festival June 18-21: Sit back and enjoy the music or get up and dance. Big-name artists such as Elvis Costello and Sam Bush often bring their talent to this festival, so expect to be entertained.
- Wine Festival June 25-28: This is wine tasting at its very best. Those in attendance will have the opportunity to learn how to make some amazing new cocktails, attend wine seminars and enjoy cooking demonstrations by celebrity chefs.
- Fireman’s Fourth of July Celebration July 4: A full day of activities begins with a parade at 11 a.m. and ends with a spectacular fireworks show at dark. In between, you may enjoy picnicking, music and several activities for children of all ages.
- Yoga Festival July 9-12: Come join this amazing yoga retreat. More than 30 professionals are scheduled to teach classes and offer presentations.
- Ride Festival July 11-12: Rock and roll music rocks the Rocky Mountains during this popular event. Expect excellent bands and musicians to rock the night away.
- Ah Haa Art Auction July 17: This is a wonderful opportunity to bid on artwork from artists around the world.
- Playwright's Festival July 21-26: Playwrights, actors and directors come together to work on new projects and present readings and performances.
- Top Chef Aug. 15: Enjoy some excellent food at this yearly chef cook-off. You may also enjoy the beer, wine and food tasting event.
You haven't golfed until you've played 18 holes at Telluride Golf Course. Even the most intense golf enthusiasts will have a difficult time keeping their eye on the ball at this stunning course. Surrounded by 14,000-foot mountains, the course winds through sparkling streams, towering pines, mountains ponds and aspen groves. At an elevation of 9,500 feet above sea level, you will find that the thin air has an interesting effect on your golf game. Your ball will face less resistance and be able to travel a much greater distance.
Rock Climbing Adventures
Be ready to get your adrenaline flowing with a climb in the San Juan Mountains. Extensive wall faces and jagged peaks make for an exciting climb on a variety of paths that range from moderate to difficult. For those who aren't experienced, you will find a number of guide services available in Telluride.
The snows of winter have melted, and the result is excellent rafting on area rivers. Rafting trips are available through the Gunnison River's famous Black Canyon, Dolores River, San Miguel River, Animas River and Colorado River. You can choose a quiet and leisurely rafting trip, or you can get wild on some fantastic river rapids.
Several Telluride companies will set you up with a rafting trip for a half day or a full day.
So Much More Summer Fun
Fishing enthusiasts have the opportunity to hook the big one in some of the finest trout streams in the Rocky Mountains. You might like to grab a hot-air balloon and soar over the mountains. Other popular summer activities include horseback riding,
hiking and biking.
Where to Stay
Telluride Rentals can place you in an excellent vacation rental that is near all of the wonderful summer activities that you want to enjoy. Just call (800) 970-7541 for more information and to lock in your reservation today.
Posted by Telluride Rentals – Published: April 30, 2015