22 Nov 2015
The beautiful season of winter is right around the corner, and those visiting lovely Telluride, Colorado, are sure to enjoy a fabulous vacation at this time of the year. There's never a bad time to visit Telluride, but winter offers some truly special events that you just don't want to miss.
Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade
Most every town across America puts on a Christmas parade, but you'll only see this amazing sight in Telluride. Locals and visitors alike have been turning out for this cool tradition ever since it began in 1972. On Monday, Dec. 24, from 6 to 8 p.m., you can pick a spot in town to watch the slopes light up as skiers and snowboarders carry glowing red torches down Coonskin and Telluride Trail and straight into town.
Laughter truly is food for the soul, and you'll get a tremendous helping of hilarity when you attend the 17th annual Telluride Comedy Festival that is scheduled for Feb. 11-14, at the historic Sheridan Opera House.An amazing selection of seasoned comedians are lined up to bring sketch- and stand-up comedy along with some great improv shows. VIP cocktail tables are available at the front of the theater, and you can expect a completely different show during each night of the festival.
Telluride is famous for its fabulous festivals, and this delightful event is one of its newest. Come check out the 2nd annual Telluride Fire Festival that is scheduled for Jan. 14-18, from 5 to 8 p.m. You'll find the completely free festivities centered in both the Mountain Village and all along Main Street. Expect to enjoy an interactive experience of fire artistry at its very best. Included in the festivities are fire performances, fire-emitting sculptures and fire dancers. You'll also have the opportunity to purchase tickets for some excellent live musical entertainment that will follow the festival.
Telluride takes every holiday to new heights, and the Christmas season is certainly no exception. Beginning on Dec. 2, you'll find Telluride's Main Street and the Mountain Village fully decked out in holiday finery, and this date will kick off two full weeks of fun holiday activities and festivities. Everyone is welcome to enjoy any and all of the scheduled events, and you'll find a full listing with a visit to the Telluride Events Calendar.
- Dec. 4 - Holiday bazaar, 5 to 8 p.m., Elks Club
- Dec. 5 - Holiday card-making and cookie-decorating studio, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Wilkinson Public Library
- Dec. 11 - Sitting with Santa, 3 to 6 p.m., Heritage Plaza; Trip to the North Pole on the Gondola Express, 3 to 6 p.m.; Ice-carving demonstration, 3 to 6 p.m., Sunset Plaza; North Pole Express train rides, 3 to 8 p.m., Mountain Village; Sledding, 4:30 to 6 p.m., bottom of Misty Maiden; Tree-lighting ceremony with Santa, 6 p.m., Heritage Plaza
- Dec. 12 - Ugly-sweater party, 7 p.m., Madeline Hotel and Residences; Ice-skating party, 7 to 9 p.m., Mountain Village Ice Rink; Kid’s night out with holiday movies and games, 7 to 9:30 p.m., Madeline Hotel and Residences
- Dec. 13 - Santa’s pajama breakfast, 9 to 11 a.m., Palmyra at the Peaks
Enjoy the Perfect Winter in Telluride
The winter blahs don't occur in Telluride because there's just too much fun available. Here at Telluride Vacation Rentals, we have the perfect luxury vacation rental home or condo that is located near these and many other excellent winter offerings. Lock in your reservations today, and you'll soon be enjoying the best winter vacation that you've ever experienced.