08/29/2018 - 10:00am to 09/03/2018 - 10:00pm
Hurry! It's Time to Make Plans for the Telluride Film Festival
If you're feeling a little down because another fabulous season of skiing has reached its end in beautiful Telluride, Colorado, then you can turn that frown upside down because it's now time to gear up for this little mountain town's phenomenal festival season. You're sure to enjoy festivities of all kinds throughout the spring and the summer, and it's not too early to plan for one of Telluride's most-attended festivals that is scheduled for early September. That's when the wildly popular Telluride Film Festival is coming to town, and you definitely don't want to miss out on this epic event.
About the Telluride Film Festival
In its 45th sensational year, the Telluride Film Festival is scheduled to begin on Friday, August 29th. An incredible opening-day party will kick off the events, and those in attendance may expect to enjoy the viewing of some 50 films that are spread out among 10 venues throughout both Telluride and nearby Mountain Village. Viewer demand will determine which films are repeated throughout the weekend, so you can be sure of seeing the best films at some point during the festival. Events will wrap up on Monday, Sept. 3rd, and the Labor Day picnic will close out the festivities.
Come See History Being Made
When you think about famous film festivals, your thoughts probably go directly to Sundance, Berlin, Toronto, Venice and Cannes. That's not surprising because these are definitely the most well-known film festivals in the world, but the Telluride Film Festival deserves a spot at the top as well. While it's considered more a celebration of film rather than a competition, that doesn't change the fact that many of the films that have been presented first at the Telluride Film Festival have gone on to earn big awards and take their rightful place in movie history. While the film lineup is not revealed until the festival begins, these are just a few of the big winners that have made their debut in Telluride over the past years.
- The Lives of Others
- Brokeback Mountain
- The Crying Game
- Blue Velvet
- The Civil War
- Slumdog Millionaire
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- Bowling for Columbine
Open Discussion With the Professionals Behind the Movies
It's not uncommon to watch a movie and wish you could ask the filmmaker or the actors a few questions, and you'll have a chance to do just that during the Telluride Film Festival. Many wonderful actors, directors and film scholars will be available throughout the festival to discuss the movies being screened. There will be several scheduled discussions as well as plenty of impromptu chats and lively debates. You may also expect someone special to be the festival's guest director, and it's always someone wonderful. Past guest directors have included the likes of Peter Sellars, Salman Rushdie, Edith Kramer, Laurie Anderson and Alexander Payne.
Get Your Film Passes Right Away
Though the Telluride Film Festival is still several months away, it's important that you get your film passes immediately because these sell out extraordinarily fast. If you're planning to stay with us here at Telluride Rentals during the festival, then we encourage you to allow us to obtain your film passes for you. We are sometimes able to find tickets that are reportedly all sold out, so please let us know if we can be of assistance. Depending upon availability, these are the film passes that you may choose from.
- The Cinephile Pass: This pass is the most economical at $390, and it includes admission to several unique films that are often only screened once during the festival. You'll also have access to various new films, special programs and silent films.
- The Acme Pass: At $580, this pass provides you with exclusive admission to the Chuck Jones Cinema in Mountain Village, and you'll enjoy several film screenings at this fine location. This pass also allows you to view two films of your choice at the Telluride Town Park.
- The Festival Pass: This is always the most sought-after film pass. At $780, you'll enjoy unlimited films on a first-come, first-seated basis. This is good at all screening venues and all events, and it also gives you admission to a special opening-night dinner.
- The Patron Pass: While this pass is $4,900, the amount of $2,900 may be used as a tax-deductible donation. This pass is good for admission to all events at all sites, priority seating and a guest spot at the special brunch on Friday morning.
Reserve Your Vacation Residence Today
As you may expect, our luxury homes and condos fill up fast during the Telluride Film Festival. We encourage you to contact us here at Telluride Rentals today to reserve your vacation residence while vacancies are still available.